Monday 23 November 2009

The Weekend - Days 21 and 22

I didn't write a word the whole weekend. I was very busy, but that is no excuse. On Saturday I took the kids to 2 parties and Sunday I was in recovery.

Still the kids were happy even if they were a little hyperactive. I was tired. Still am, but never mind.

So I still have 3000 words to write before I reach 50k. Then I still need to add at least another 25k to make my draft into a novel. I am halfway through reading what is already written. Most can actually stay.

I just need to add more. Not to mention I need to redo the outline. The change of murderer requires a few changes, not to mention the fact I changed my mind about one detail after I wrote the first scene introducing that detail. The scene does contain other information that is going to stay so I only have to delete or re-write the parts that are no longer relevant.

And I still have a missing body or planted evidence, which still needs explanation. I have no idea how I'm going to do either. I don't think I'll introduce another body, which means I need to explain the planted evidence instead.

Today I hope to write at least 2500 words. If I'm very lucky I'll reach the 50k mark. I will continue to write and I won't verify my word count until the last day. Hopefully it will be significantly more than 50k.

And while re-reading this post before publishing it, I just worked out how I can change my detail to allow give a reason for the planted evidence. I need to change the speaker, but otherwise it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment