Tuesday 17 November 2009

Day Seventeen of NaNoWriMo

So writing was easy today. Better than I expected. However (in my own opinion) I did cheat a bit. I started writing something new. I have added it to the NaNoWriMo word count, but I might delete it from there later. For some reason this new story got stuck in my head and I had to get rid of it. I should add that it is only the beginning of a story, but it's not bad despite that. At least I think it's not bad....

So today I wrote 2610 words, giving a grand total of 45123 words. However it is across two stories. But I did have to write the second one.

Tonight I plan to print out what I've written so far and then start editing it. I'll cross out the bits I don't want and I'll mark where I need to add stuff. Hopefully tomorrow I'll write some of the new stuff. From the main story I won't delete anything, just white it out. Still undecided about the second story. Maybe I'll move that one.

Still there are still 13 days to go, so I should do OK.

3 comments:

  1. You can always make the new story a dream of one of the characters in your first story (or a story that they are writing or telling to someone else). That counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I posted that last comment I saw this and it made me laugh after just reading your post!

    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3138144

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK that was hilarious and just so perfect. thanks for the link. I'll treasure it. (I have in fact just aken a copy and I'm going to print it out and stick it on the wall by my computer.)

    ReplyDelete