Tuesday 10 November 2009

Day Ten

Well today I hit 31k words about which I am very happy. I might write some more later, but for now that's it. So my total written today is 2659 words.

I definitely much more relaxed about the new daily goal and I find I can write better. I'm less concerned with hitting the 5k and more concerned about the story and where it is going.

I still think that I will finish the storyline before I reach 50K, never mind 75k. However I know I've skipped over sections and there are definitely some scenes missing, so I can go back and add.

I know I've contradicted myself at least once, and probably more times. These I am going to leave in situ at the moment and only delete them or re-write them once NaNoWriMo is over. Chris Baty would skin me alive if I deleted something during this month.

However once I'm over 50k and the storyline is finished, I am going to start some editing. I just won't get rid of it before November 30th. I will add to the file and move sections around. This means I should finish with a good total.

The further I get through the story, the better I can see how it should be. If that makes any sense. The story is definitely evolving and it is not the one I originally thought I would write. Having said that, it is one that I like and I think I can make it into a book.

I don't think it will be the longest book in history, but I hoping for 75k to 90k in total. I would guess it will end up at the lower end of that scale. I know I'm writing a first draft, but I can start to see what might actually come out of it.

Altogether it's been another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment