Thursday 5 November 2009

Day Four Update

Well I made it to 20k words. I acutlly took my total to 20011 owrds. Not bad at all. Yesterday was a good day. The writing was much easier than Tuesday's.

Not much else to say. Except that I might change my word goal at the end of the week. At the moment I am trying to write 5000 words a day, with the goal of reaching 30000 words by the end of Friday. This is a lot of writing in a day onto of my regular work. So starting next week, I'm going to change my goal slightly.

I'm going to have 2 goals - a minimum goal and a "would-be-nice-to-get-to" (wbntgt) goal. The minimum I want to write in one day is 2500 words, which is still more than the NaNoWriMo minimum. And my wbntgt goal is 5000 words per day as I have been doing this week, but I'm not going to go to extremes to get there.

I believe that the result of this, will be a more balanced writing habit that I can continue to use after NaNoWriMo. At the moment, I find the balance completely wrong so that I find I'm not sleeping well and my hands are killing me from all the typing. Of course, if I ever give up my job, I will spend more hours writing. But for now, less is more.

I will probably change my mind next week and then again the week after and so on, until I find something that works for me and that I can use in my everyday life.

So time to write today's 5000 words and get a total of 25k words.

I hope everyone else is doing well and acheiving their own goals. Good luck to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment