Monday 9 November 2009

Update day nine.

Well today went very well. Much better than I ever expected it to. I actually wrote almost 5000 words without much effort at all.

I think that this lower day goal I have set myself is working. I'm not spending my time worrying about whether or not I can write 5k words. I just write.

So my total for today is 28360 words and the story is going smoothly. I am more almost two-thirds of the way through the storyline, but much less than that on the word count. I am not worried, because I know that when I finish the storyline, there are plenty of scenes to go back to where I can add detail or change things from telling to showing.

I deliberately skipped over some scenes because I didn't want to write them at that time, but that means I can easily up my word count. I think that there are some scenes that are also missing. I have added a few already. I will go back over the beginning of the story and add a few extra there.

Overall it's been a good day. The words came easily and I wrote a lot of them. Let's see if this continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment