Thursday 19 November 2009

Day Nineteen

I switched back to the original story today and I have so far written 3629 words. I am going to drop the words I wrote for the other story and move them to another file. So my grand total is 46142 words.

I probably won't reach 50k tomorrow, but I might over the weekend and even if I write nothing at all on Saturday or Sunday, I will hit 50k on Monday. I'm way ahead of schedule. I know I won't end up with anywhere near 75k before the end of November, but I will have written more towards a book than ever before.

I've hit 50k for four different NaNoWriMos. In each case, that was it. I did nothing more on the stories and to be truthful, they weren't very good. In fact most of the time they didn't really have a story line buried anywhere in them.

This year I do have a story line and I have scenes and I have subplots and everything else. This year I planned and this year I intend to edit and rewrite until I have a novel. I've never done that before and it should be interesting to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment