Friday 20 November 2009

Day Twenty

Bad day today. It wasn't the writing, it was everything else and that affected the writing. The result was that I wrote just 886 words. I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes.

I will write over the weekend. I will. Until I don't do it of course and by then I should have thought of some excuse.

So my total for the original story is 47028 words and there is still ten days to go. Somehow I feel quite bad that I haven't finished yet, but I shouldn't. What I have written so far is better than anything I've ever written before. It's not perfect, but it is an improvement.

And yet I feel that I'm not doing enough. I think this is because I always won NaNoWriMo by writing 50k in ten days and so far I've spent 20 days writing just 47k. Doesn't really make sense, but it's how I feel. I know I need quantity, but I need quality too.

No comments:

Post a Comment