Monday 30 November 2009

New Outline

Returning to the outline was definitely the right thing to do. I'll probably be working on this for the next week or so. The corpses remain the same, as does the killer. The story arc remains intact - the killer returns, kills people, gets caught - but the telling of the story is changing.

I have a different reason for bringing everyone together and a minor character is now the MC (Main Character). The focus is also shifting slightly. I might change the POV (Point Of View), but I'm currently undecided at the moment. The POV will shift slightly, just not change completely. I will probably write the opening using at least two different POVs and see how they work.

Of course the whole thing may change again, but I'm happier with this newer version than with the previous one. I probably won't use much of what I've already written, but I will use most of the scenes. These will have to be re-written due to the change of MC and POV.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Trilia!

    It sounds like this was a successful month in that you got 50k+ words to form a mound of clay for a story that you can work and shape and carve into the sculpture of your novel. I doubt it matters that it might be completely different - just by wiring this much you know much more about the story and the characters and the revision will be much easier.

    It's been great following you and I'll keep an eye on your progress if you keep posting,

    Bill

    ReplyDelete