Thursday 12 November 2009

Day Twelve Update

So I reached 35011 words. Amazingly, I'm still going.

Today I wrote a total of 3520 words, which is not bad as I was having a bad day. I wrote in short 500 word sections. Then did other things, such as work or lunch. Slowly the writing got a bit easier and I went over my goal of 2500 words. So I made up 1000 words missed yesterday, which is not bad.

I just had a difficult time persuading myself to write. I want to go back and edit stuff, deleting and moving parts around. Instead I wrote and I had to force myself, but I did it. I know at the end of NaNoWriMo, I've got a lot of story to move and delete.

Still I should reach the end soon, which will be a relief. I will have to add either more scenes or more detail to reach 50k, but I can also start moving text so it makes more sense within the story. And of course, I can blank out bits that I don't want. (Turn the text color to the same as the background color.)

Hopefully I'll be a lot further on by the end of NaNoWriMo not just with the story, but also with the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment