Tuesday 28 January 2014

Writing

I wrote yesterday. Admittedly not a huge amount, but I did write. I had trouble getting into the flow, but it was a new storyline and that might be the reason. I find that the more developed a story is, the easier it is to go on. I'm still playing around with this new one and I keep changing the specifics every time.

One thing I find is that names are hard to come by. Appropriate names that is. I can think of Jane and Mary and Mark etc. but trying to find the right name for the right character is sometimes very hard. But once it's right, the story seems to read better.

I'm sure that's just me though. It would probably read the same to everyone else no matter what the characters are called.

This afternoon I'm going to try some descriptive writing exercises. I find this the hardest to write. I tend to keep things simple, but too simple. I need to learn how to get sound, smell, feel and movement in text.

Now to find my reference book on descriptive writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment