Tuesday 4 March 2014

No job anymore

I haven't written for some time, but I did have a reason this time. I was finishing off everything associated with my full time job. The job ended on Friday 28th February so now I am unemployed...

Well OK, I'm now at home writing or trying to at least. It all feels a bit unreal at the moment, but to be honest I'm also more relaxed. A little nervous as well, but mostly relieved that it is all over.

I am finding it a little hard to concentrate on writing, but with perseverance I hoping that will change and it will slowly become easier and easier to write. Of course I could just be fooling myself. Time will tell.

So starting next Monday I am to write (or edit) at least 1000 words each day. I know this doesn't sound much, but I want a goal that is reasonably easy to achieve but is not so low that it is too easy. If I don't manage my goal, then it is added to the following day. So for the entire week I should have 5000 words.

I'm attempting to write as I know I have another 20-30 000 words left to add and I would like to get those written before I get too caught up in editing. However if I get really stuck, then I will do some editing instead.

This week is not quite a normal week, the kids free from school on Monday, then there are 2 birthdays with associated parties and dinners. So as it is so busy this week, I've chosen to really start next week. That doesn't stop me from writing this week, it just gives me a week to adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment