Monday 6 January 2014

Hello again

It has been so very long since I wrote anything here. Things have changes quite a bit. I no longer have a job. Well that's not entirely true at the moment, but from 1st March it will be.

I have decided that for the moment I will not get a new job. My husband earns enough to support us, so I don't actually need one. I had jobs that I found interesting and this last one was getting more boring by the week.

This should mean I have more time to write and this is my first step in that direction. Technically not the first step as I have installed a legal version of Word and loaded up a whole load of old files, which I am now working my way through.

I'm hoping to submit a short story by the end of the month. I have 3 versions of the same story and with a little work I think I can come up with a version to send out. I need to research exactly where to send it. I did do some research before, which I still have, but I go through it all again before sending.

I'm also working on a novel. It is almost finished. And I don't mean the first draft, I mean the one I want people to read. I'm hoping that by the end of February I'll be in a position to start contacting agents.

I need to get into a routine at home for doing all of this. Today it is more housekeeping than anything else, but I have also done a little on the short story. I've put my netbook on recharge. Most of my writing is currently on there, which is fine except that I now intend to use my desktop as well. The screen and keyboard are better.

I can swap the keyboard over, but not the screen. Plus its advantage of being so portable is also its disadvantage. I want to get into the habit of writing at my desk for most of the day.

I also want to get into the habit of writing here everyday, but I'm a bit afraid that will turn into a drudge rather than something interesting. I don't want to write on subjects at the moment, because I don't want to spend too long planning and/or writing here. I just want to get into the habit more.

I do find that it is easy to write when I get going. That doesn't mean that it's good writing, but it is writing and that's, for now, the important bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment