Tuesday 14 January 2014

More about last Thursday

The problems didn't stop with the monitor. In the evening, I decided I would do a little bit more, so I went into the study and switched on the light. A fizzle, a small bang and no light was the result. The bulb had blown. It was an old bulb, but still. Unfortunately I live in an old house and this has one main disadvantage, which I actually love - high ceilings. Great for the feeling of space, but not so good when you need to change a bulb...

Fortunately my husband had left one of his work spot-lights after putting in a new radiator, so I used that to start off with. Then when he had time, he brought the stepladder in and took out the old bulb. A good clean and a new led bulb meant that the room looked better than ever. The light shade is actually made of cut glass and, when clean, makes great patterns on the ceiling and walls when the light is switched on.

Yesterday was a slow day. I don't know if it was just because I was tired, but I didn't do a huge amount. I've done more this morning than during the entire day yesterday.

I've started a new story, which is a murder set in the 1930's probably in the Caribbean, but it will be on some holiday island, which is hot in the winter. A very old fashioned tale, similar to Agatha Christie and because of this I'm hesitant about the Caribbean. For those that don't know, there is a Miss Marple story set there.

I don't mind the story being similar, but I'm not out to copy her. The location is about the only thing in common for the two stories, but I don't want that association to override everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment