Monday 20 January 2014

last week

So I successfully forgot to write a blog post on both Thursday and Friday last week. I'm still not into a routine yet. I'm hoping that once I get into one, things will become easier.

One positive point is that last Friday I did write a bit. It was bad, but it was writing. I started, well I tried to start, writing the beginning of a new book. I find that trying to concentrate on one project at a time doesn't really work for me. Or I'm trying to avoid working on the last draft.

On balance the latter is probably more true. I have now sorted out my files a little. I really need to spend more time getting rid of old files. I have about ten duplicates of almost every file. I've started to delete some of these.

And I don't mean ten versions of a story, I mean ten identical files in different directories. I need to create on main directory and start merging stuff. Trouble is I'm terrified I'm going to delete the wrong file.

Of course this is more of an excuse than anything else. I can always rewrite anything I do accidentally delete, if I've emptied the trashcan and can't retrieve it. I always still have the earlier drafts.

Strangely enough this reminds me a a short story about writing involving a cat. I wonder if I can find it again. It was good in so many ways.

Enough for today, back to editing, which is what I had started before I remembered I had to blog. This is for the almost final draft, which I have the feeling is going to change quite a bit over the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment