Monday 18 January 2010

The weekend

I actually started to read my pages this weekend. I got about one-third of the way through, which seems to be normal for me. Let me explain.

The beginning of my novel is not too bad. It's the part I've spent the most time on. The rest of the book just sits there, unread. It's not that I'm trying to make the first part perfect. It's just better to read than the rest of it. So I don't read the rest and it never gets edited and it never gets better, so I never read it. Are you seeing a pattern here yet?

I need to re-write some scenes. I need to add in new ones. I need more complications and conflict. I just can't seem to write them. I'm not sure what I should do at the moment. I could try to push on and actually tackle the rest of the book or I could take a break and start something else.

I need to write and at the moment I'm not writing anything. I'm making lame excuses to avoid it at all costs. Ridiculous really, but right now that's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment