Monday 25 January 2010

Starting again

Not completely from scratch, but I have deleted a large proportion of what I had written. I'm now down to about 8k words and more may vanish as I go.

The storyline in my head didn't match the one on the page. I thought that they did, but by going through what I had written scene by scene and summarizing them, I found out otherwise.

I deleted all the scenes that were not right. They still exist, just not in my main file and I probably won't look at most of them again. I will simply write the scenes from scratch.

I'm going to write out the story line again and make a list of scenes. I'll then write those scenes. The ones that stayed are from the beginning, which has received the most attention and they did follow the story in my head.

My word count has gone down, but I made progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment