Monday 4 January 2010

Update

The total so far is 44069 words. I started this morning with 14068 words. The majority of this increase came from adding the good scenes from the first draft. I've added about another 1000 words as I have gone through, editing the new additions.

This means I dropped about 9000 words from the first draft, which was written during NaNoWriMo '09. Not a bad keep rate, especially for me. I am going through and editing the scenes, which for the most part is producing an increase in word count. Of course I am deleting parts, but I am also adding new bits.

I've already reached my daily goal, but I'm going to continue as it is currently going well. My main goal for this month, is to have a second draft finished before the end of January. In this second draft, I hope to have most of the book written. There maybe details missing, and a few parts that still need more research, but for the most part it will be complete.

In February, I hope to fill in those details and check the facts. After that, I'll start with checking the English - grammar and spelling separately - and then leave it for a few weeks, before reading through again. But that's all far in the future. I still need to get this second draft finished. And I might need a third before all the scenes are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment