Thursday 21 January 2010

Progress

Not much maybe, but I am getting back into things. I really did get stuck, so I took a break and read some blogs and books and things.

http://www.timothyhallinan.com/writers.php is a great piece on actually getting through the tougher times and finishing your book. It has helped me enormously and is the reason I'm back to writing again.

In fact, I'm not actually writing parts for the book at the moment, but I taking stock of what I have written and really getting into making sure that it works. I know I started this by myself, but reading that other people get like this too really helped.

So at the moment I'm writing about the book and making progress.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing to my site, and I hope the stuff there is helpful to you.

    In my blog, I've just launched a new thread in which really good writers discuss their approach to making stories -- do they plot in advance or write by the seat of their pants? (And a bunch of related issues. First up is Stephen Jay Schwartz, author of BOULEVARD, 2009's darkest piece of LA noir. The discussion's just begun.

    If that issue interests you, drop by and leave a comment or a question. http://www.timothyhallinan.com/blog/

    And keep at the book, because it'll never get written otherwise.

    ReplyDelete