Thursday 28 January 2010

back to the beginning

At the moment I am writing using pen and paper. I'm re-doing my outline and one thing I've learned is, I need an outline.

There's nothing wrong in what I've written, but at the moment none of it hangs together. It doesn't help that I wrote some of the scenes for one storyline, only to alter the plot and not edit those scenes straight away.

Maybe that was the problem...(and before you ask, it was the problem.)

I think that I should have just started from scratch with the new plot and not tried to bring in what I had already written. I got lost. Very lost.

Now I'm going to write a detailed outline, and then write a list of scenes. Then, and only then, I'm going to start to write on the computer again.

Writing the outline down on paper, helps me to see the story more clearly. So for the next week or so, the word count won't increase, but hopefully I will make progress.

If I change my mind about the story line again, I'm going to go back to this stage immediately rather than trying to continue and adapt what I have already written.

No comments:

Post a Comment