Friday 4 May 2012

This week

I did absolutely nothing about joining the writing course. I should have done, but I just didn't. I was very busy doing other stuff with my family, but that's no real excuse. I seem to have frozen and I don't mean I have writer's block.

I'm scared to open up the files and start writing again. I'm worried that what I have already written is bad. Sounds stupid, but it's true. I never used to worry about it, but now I decided to get more serious I'm really having problems with my confidence. That's not something I expected.

I have a very busy day coming up tomorrow, which means I can't do anything on or about writing. In fact I won't even get round to doing my usual housework. I'll have to play catchup on Sunday. However I'm going to try to do something on writing on Sunday too. It doesn't have to be much. I think I'll try looking for paying markets for my short story. Bookmark those I'm interested in.

I'll see if I can print it out and re-read it too, for one last edit. I'll qualify that statement by saying that I don't have a printer attached to my computer so I have to transfer the files to the laptop first. Doesn't sound like much work and it isn't, but for some reason it always seems like a big thing.

It's funny how small obstacles can seem so large.

No comments:

Post a Comment