Monday 14 May 2012

No writing

Now there's a surprise...not. I went to the Spring Fair on Saturday instead and had a great time. Not to mention that Sunday was Mother's day, so I got to sit around doing nothing for at least some of the day. Of course that shouldn't have stopped me, but I'm in excuse mode right now.

And any excuse is good enough to stop me from writing. Pathetic I know and I know that I'm doing it. I just can't seem to stop. I finished reading An Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, which contains some of the best writing advice available - 'Sit down and write'.

I really like the book, but in all honesty I thought his first book, The Shadow of the Wind, was better. I found An Angel's Game a bit slow getting started. I wasn't reading in the perfect situation, my international train was delayed, so I missed my connection and I had to find another way to reach my destination, so perhaps that affected my judgement. I will re-read it in a month or two and see if I still feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment