Friday 11 December 2009

Quick Update

Today's final word count is 3415 words. So the second draft total is 3415 words. It's completely edited, so I did make my 2500 words goal. However I do need to write a new scene. Currently there is a paragraph that basically describes a scene, but I don't actually show it.

I've tried twice now to write that scene and have got absolutely nowhere. I need to approach it from a different angle. I know leaving it for later isn't going to work. It was in the first draft in just about the same form as now and it hasn't gotten any easier to write.

Trouble is I don't understand why this one is so difficult. Maybe it's just one of those things that just don't seem to have an explanation, they just are. Still it's bugging me a little. I think I will start by expanding the paragraph I have now and see if that will lead to proper scene, but that is for tomorrow and I will be writing tomorrow.

At least a little. I know I won't be writing on Sunday as I have to go out for the entire day, hence I'm determined to do at least something tomorrow. Maybe I'll get that scene written.

No comments:

Post a Comment