Thursday 26 April 2012

No writing

but I did make 2 marble bags for the children and I planted out the tomato, paprika and aubergine plants. By planting out, I mean I put them in larger pots in the greenhouse and set up the bamboo poles for the tomato plants. The plants aren't actually attached to the poles yet, but they will be.

We've just had the back garden redone and we moved the greenhouse. In fact we halved the size of the greenhouse and moved it so that it is against the girls' playhouse. We literally cut the greenhouse in half using metal cutters. Don't you just love thin aluminium framed greenhouses. And the girls' playhouse is the former brick hen house that dates from the twenties. It was in a dreadful state, but after clearing it out, rebuilding the back wall, plastering inside, painting the inside, completely renovating the roof (it was basically removed and replaced) and actually installing glass in the windows, it makes a large playhouse.

Anyway none of this has to do with writing, but it does have to do with doing things. I had broken the habit of doing things, not just at the weekend, but during the weekday evenings. I used to sit in my chair watching TV or reading from when I got home until I went to bed. I'm starting to change that. Little by little, I'm being to do things again. I might even finish the dress I'm making in the next month. I have to do the button holes at some point, and it's been a long time since I made one. I'm terrified.

Tomorrow I have an exam, so today I'm studying. There will be no other writing today. I was going to say no writing, but I just wrote not just this post, and another one for a different blog, so I have written today. Back to the studying. I have to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment