Monday 26 October 2009

So I'm back and to my shock, I have a follower! Hello Dr. Bill Irwin :)

Anyway, I still have to work a bit on my characters, but in truth I'm ready to go and there's still a week to go. The only thing that is bothering me a bit is my typing. It's truly atrocious. OK my spelling is worse, but I'm used to that.

My typing was so much better last year. I could type faster and more accurately. This year my typing is so slow and I keep on hitting the wrong keys. Just reading through this post and correcting all my typing errors, takes a lot of time. I hate to think what's going to happen with NaNoWriMo. And I keep adding spaces in everywhere. I guess it's time to break out the typing program and get a little practice in before Sunday.

Time seems to be running so lsowly at the moment. I could have sworn NaNoWriMo was only just around the corner and now it seems so far away still. Isn't relativity a wonderful thing?

So time to finish of the character biographies, do some actually real life work and pretend that time is flying past.

Here's to Sunday and Good Luck to everyone. I hope your writing flows easily and smoothly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trilia!

    I'm glad to be following your progress - your enthusiasm is contagious!

    Last year I didn't fare too well; I got a late start and then allowed life to dictate my writing schedule instead of the other way around. Part of that was caused by being isolated geographically and electronically (inconsistent internet connection) but this year I hope to avoid both of those problems by sharing the experience with other writers (like you!). It's a LOT more fun that way.

    I can relate to your typing woes. My fingers can really fly but rarely do they strike the correct keys more than 9 out of 10 times. Nearly all my "of"s turn out to be "or"s and my fingers really get twisted when I start tying words like tough, through, thorough, throughout, or thought. I can really get hung up on phrases like "thoroughly thoughtful."

    My backspace key get a tremendous workout. No, I won't be editing, as I go, but if I'm going to be able to reread and edit the work someday I'll have to type the words at least reasonably close to their correct spelling. (Knowing when to use single and double letters is my downfall).

    Happy countdown week and I look forward to watching your progress!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my worst typing error was when I had my fingers one key out - I forget whether it was to the left of the right - and I didn't notice for about 200 words. I try not to look at the screen during NaNoWriMo, which works normally, but in this case it wasn't so successful.

    Good luck for this year.

    ReplyDelete