Friday 16 October 2009

Going away

As I am going to away next week and unable to access the internet, I am going to update my blog today instead of next Monday.

I don't actually have much to say. I haven't done anything on the character bios. I will most likely complete them when I get back. I will be home on Thursday, so that still gives me over a week to complete them.

On the Saturday 31st October, I will review my outline, bios and any other notes I've made, so that I am all set for the 1st Novemeber. I won't, as many other people are doing, stay up until midnight so that I can start then, but instead I will get as normal on the Sunday. I should be able to write up to 10000 words that day. However anything over the 1667 words needed, will be a bonus.

As I've said before, my aim for this year is different from previous years. Before all I ever tried to do was reach 50000 words. This time I want to actually get book out. This doesn't mean that I'll write more, though that would be nice, but this time I hope that the 50000 words form a completely coherent story with conflict, plot and interesting characters. Previous attempts have had at least one of these 3, but none have had all of them.

At least I think that's been the problem. However the 5000 word description about someone making a sandwich was a true page turner...

Well I'll be back a week on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment