Monday 11 June 2012

A new post

I haven't even thought about writing since the last post I put up here. Sounds terrible, but it's true. I've been busy, which is no excuse, but it is the truth.

I really need to get round to editing the short story and sending it off. It won't take that long to do. In a week, I should have it ready to go. Then submitting it can be as easy or as hard as I want it to be. Several of the magazines have on-line submission pages, which means the whole process can be done quickly.

One or two have paper/snail mail submissions only. They would take a little longer as I have to print every thing out correctly, then find an envelope etc.

Both methods have something in common - neither is difficult or something I have never done before. But until I actually edit the story, I can't do either.

I have actually edited this story before. It was a couple of years ago when I first thought about actually getting it published, but I chickened out before pressing the submit button. This time I'm simply not getting round to rereading  the story.

Excuses, excuses.

Well on to another busy week. Hopefully it will get quieter, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment