Wednesday 22 October 2014

It was months ago

when I last posted. I sort of lost track of everything.

However I am now picking up the threads again. I've got a new story for this year's NaNoWriMo. It's all planned out and almost ready to go. I'm actually going to try the same method with an old story that I've been trying to finish for ages. I think it might help.

I seem to be very good in planning books, just not so good in actually writing them. I usually end up with a first draft of 50-60 thousand words and nothing else. Hopefully this method will help me work out how to get beyond that stage.

I tend to be a little disorganized and end up changing names, locations and killers. Then I have a problem in making the story cohesive. This new method will hopefully make that less likely to happen.

I'll see how it works over NaNoWriMo and then say more about it. There are definitely some things I will continue to use even if I don't stick completely to the method.

As I no longer have a job, I'm hoping to write a little bit more than the 50 000 words minimum. I usually skip some scenes and just write a quick precis instead. This year I want to avoid doing that. I know I don't write as fast as some people can, but I'm still hoping for 5000 to 10 000 words per day. At least during the week. Weekends won't be as easy as I have a family and other things to do.

Still I hope to write something on most days, even if it's just 500 words or something. It is a pity that Nov. 1st is a Saturday this year, so I won't have the largest word count to start of with. Hopefully things will improve on the Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment