Monday 30 August 2010

More writing!

Yes, I have actually been writing. I now have four chapters outlined and I've noticed something. I keep changing things. Even now in outline and even though I'm only at chapter four. One of my side characters started off female, became male and has just reverted to female.

Not very consistant, but that is the problem. I'm going to make her female and keep her that way. If something in the plot/story doesn't work unless she becomes a he, then it's the plot/story that will change not the sex of the character.

I'm writing very slowly at the moment. Much slower than I would like, but I only have myself to blame. Time to pick up the pace. If I don't I won't be ready for November and NaNoWriMo. I'm only outlined four chapters and there looks like there'll be about thirty in total. At this rate I need thirteen weeks and there is only nine weeks left.

And I need to create a character list. I don't have names yet, just things like MC, sister, client etc. That will help fix the characters and stop them from morphing at will. Time to find a binder.

And this post has not gone through the spellchecket. For some reason the language for the spellchecker has been set to Dutch and I can't find out how to change it. The language setting, that I did find, was set to English, so I have no idea at the moment how to change it back again. Very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment