Friday 8 January 2016

I haven't blogged in a year. Ridiculous. However now it is a new year and a new go at doing more than nothing. I have to admit that since I stopped working I have done much less than I ever thought I would do. I seem to play computer games more than anything else.

Well almost. I spend more time with my family, but it is a close call. This year things need to change. I need to earn money. Not to pay the bills, but for more fun stuff. We aren't staving and we can pay all our bills, but it would be nice not to have to worry how much we are spending on holiday or whether we can afford to replace the carpet.

So I have to do something about that. I know I can, I just have to put some effort in to it. First of all I'm going to try to have a weekly schedule, so that I know what I'm supposed to be doing each day. It's not quite a lesson plan, but not far off either. And it's not very detailed.

I hope to be working on my novel on Tuesday and Thursday. On Monday and Friday working on making some extra cash. Wednesday will mostly be housework and weekends is totally family time. In between I need to find time to exercise and meditate.

Each week will be a new beginning, a new start for me, so if I didn't do so well in the previous week it doesn't really matter. The whole thing is flexible at the moment as I've only just made it. I might move the days around as needed.

I will set goals each week and try to reach them. Today is about defining what I want to do and restarting old projects - like this one. Next week will be the first normal week of the year and my first try at really working when everyone else is out.

To begin with Monday and Friday will be more about finding out how to make money and then about setting up either a business or finding actually paying short-term jobs. This will all be online. I've already started in some ways. I've tried things where you click for a few cents, but they are too low paid and not enough work to continue with. I need to find something a bit more than that.

I also want to improve my typing skills. I only manage about thirty words per minute at the moment and that could do with increasing. That could lead to some transcription jobs, which would be possibility. That just depends on how quickly I can learn to type faster and accurately.

That is a lot for now. I won't post every day, but I will try for at least once a week (another goal to add to the list).

No comments:

Post a Comment